Ultimate Guide to Ranking Your Google My Business Listing
In this era of digital economy, online presence is crucial to any business’s success, whether the business is big or small. Hence, one of the most effective ways people know your business and spread the word locally is to have an online presence. Besides, one of the best, most effective and most popular tools to get an online presence for your business is Google My Business (GMB). Besides, Google has changed the name Google My Business (GMB) to Google Business Profile (GBP) to improve the service. In this guide, I’ll take you through everything you need to know about Google My Business (GMB) and how to make the most of it for your business.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool provided by Google that allows businesses to manage their online presence across Google, including search and maps. Besides, by creating a GMB listing, businesses can provide customers with important information such as their address, phone number, website, hours of operation, and reviews.
Google My Business Service by HRstride.Digital
Is your business finding invisible on Google My Business? Losing leads to competitors because of low Google rankings? Unable to add a phone number to google my business? Or Google My Business Listing Suspended?
You are in the right place if any of the answers are yes. You can dominate local search in Kerala with our proven Google My Business optimization tactics! Our clients consistently outperform the competition. You can book a free consultation with our expert GMB Today – Book a FREE GMB Consultation
Why is Google My Business Important for Small Businesses?
A GMB listing can greatly improve your local online visibility and online store front essential for small businesses in Kerala. Moreover, your business appears in search results and on maps, so you can reach more potential customers and improve your chances of being discovered by people in your local area. This could be in Kochi, Kottayam, or any other town in Kerala. Visualize the power of Google business listing ranking for your business on this blog: Unleashing the Power of Managing Google My Business Features.
Additionally, a GMB listing can help you stand out from your competitors. Your listing can include photos, videos, and even virtual tours of your business, which can help you showcase what makes your business unique.
If you’re a small business owner, it’s important to ensure that your business is easily discoverable online. One of the best ways to do that is by listing your business on Google My Business (GMB). Besides, GMB is a free tool provided by Google that allows businesses to create a business profile online and provide accurate information about the business in the local search. That means you have a business in Kottayam, and another business has the same name in Kochi. If someone searches for a business name from Kochi on Google, the business in Kochi will appear first on Google Maps, and your business in Kottayam will appear on Google search results pages (SERPs). This phenomenon is Local SEO and SEO, I will write a detailed blog about both subjects later.
In this blog post, we’ll deeply discuss about Google My Business (GMB). It includes the Benefits of GBP, Setting up a GMB for your business, Optimising your GMB listing and attracting more customers, and Generating leads. Whether you’re a new business owner or an experienced marketer, this guide will help you start with GMB and take your online presence to the next level. Always keep in mind, that the effective maintenance of your Google My Business is crucial for potential results, hence a proper understanding of commonly expected issues and troubleshooting of GBP is desirable.
Benefits of Using Google My Business
- Improve Local Search Visibility: With a Google My Business listing, your business can appear in the Local Pack, a section of the search results that displays local businesses related to the user’s search query. Besides having a complete and accurate GMB listing, your business is more likely to appear in the Local Pack, making it easier for potential customers to find you.
- Increase Brand Awareness: GMB listings can include photos, videos, and virtual tours, which can help you showcase what makes your business unique. Besides, You can increase brand awareness and attract more customers by giving customers a glimpse into your business.
- Boost Website Traffic: Your GMB listing can also include a link to your website, which can help drive traffic to your website. Moreover, providing customers with a direct link to your website can increase their likelihood of purchasing from your website.
- Get Customer Insights: Google My Business provides insights into how customers find and interact with your listing. So, you can see how many people have viewed your listing, how many people have clicked through to your website, and even how many people have called your business directly from the listing.
- Build Trust with Customers: You can build customer trust by responding to customer reviews and keeping your listing up to date. Customers are more likely to do business with a company with a complete and accurate listing that responds to their concerns.
Google My Business listing step-by-step guide
- Go to the Google My Business website: Visit the Google My Business (GMB) website at https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you will need to create one.
- Enter your business information: Click the “Add your business to Google” button and enter your business name, address, and phone number. If your business already has a listing, you can claim it instead.
- Choose your business category: Select the category that best describes your business. This will help Google understand what your business does and show it to the right people, ranking higher on Google.
- Add your business details: Add more details about your business, such as your website URL, hours of operation, and photos. Be sure to provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Verify your listing: Google will ask you to verify your listing by mail, phone, or email. Choose the method that works best for you and follow the instructions provided.
- Optimise your listing: Once your listing is verified, optimize it by adding more information, such as your products/services, customer reviews, and posts. Regularly update your listing to keep it fresh and engaging and rank higher in the top three on Google.
How to Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Now you understand how Google My Business helps maximize your business’s potential and the benefits of using it. Let’s dive into how we can optimize your listing to improve your online presence in generating leads and converting customers.
- Claim and Verify Your Listing: The first step to optimizing your GMB listing is to claim and verify it. This will ensure that you have control over the information that is displayed in your listing and allow you to make updates and respond to customer reviews.
- Provide Accurate and Complete Information: It’s important to provide accurate and complete information about your business, including your business name, address, phone number, website URL, hours of operation, and categories. This information will help customers find and contact you, but it also helps Google understand your business and when to display it in search results locally.
- Choose Relevant Categories: When selecting a category for your listing, make sure that to choose the ones that accurately describe your business. This will help Google show your business to their users who are searching for your products or services near you.
- Add Photos and Videos: Photos and videos can help you showcase what makes your business unique and give customers a better idea of what to expect when they visit. Make sure to upload high-quality images that accurately represent your business.
- Encourage Reviews: Customer reviews are key in local search rankings and can help build trust with potential customers. Encourage happy customers to leave reviews on your listing and respond to any negative reviews promptly and professionally.
- Use Google Posts: This feature allows you to share news, promotions, and other updates directly on your listing. This can help you stand out from competitors and provide customers with up-to-date information about your business.
- Monitor Your Insights: Regularly monitoring your GMB insights can help you understand how customers find and interact with your listing. Use this information to make informed decisions about optimising your listing and attracting more customers.
- Use Keywords in Your Business Description: Your business description should accurately describe your business while incorporating relevant keywords. This will help improve your chances of appearing in search results for those keywords.
- Add Products and Services: If you offer specific products or services, be sure to add them to your listing. This can help you appear in search results for those products or services and provide customers with more detailed information about your offer.
- Use Local Phone Numbers: If you have multiple locations, use local phone numbers for each listing. This can help improve your chances of appearing in local search results and provide customers with a more personalized experience.
- Add a Business Description: Your business description should be clear and concise and accurately describe what your business does. This can help potential customers understand your offer and why they should choose your business over competitors.
- Include Business Attributes: Business attributes provide more detailed information about your business, such as whether you offer free Wi-Fi or have wheelchair accessibility. Adding relevant attributes to your listing can help you appear for those specific criteria in search results.
- Respond to Customer Inquiries: When customers contact your business through your GMB listing, it’s important to respond promptly and professionally. This can help build trust and loyalty with customers and also improve your local search rankings.
- Use Google Q&A: Google Q&A allows potential customers to ask questions about your business directly on your listing. Be sure to monitor these questions and provide accurate and helpful answers. This can help attract more customers and improve your search rankings by showing Google that you are actively engaging with customers.
- Utilise Google Messaging: Google Messaging allows customers to message you directly from your GMB listing. Be sure to respond promptly and professionally to these messages to provide a positive customer experience and improve your search rankings.
- Monitor and Respond to Reviews: In addition to encouraging customer reviews, it’s important to monitor and respond to them in a timely and professional manner. This can show potential customers that you care about their feedback and are committed to providing a positive experience. It can also improve your search rankings by showing Google that you actively engage with customers.
- Use Google My Business Insights: GMB Insights provide valuable information about how customers find and interact with your listing. Use this information to make informed decisions about optimising your listing and attracting more customers.
Following these tips, you can create a comprehensive Google My Business listing that attracts more customers, improves your local search rankings, and generates leads. Remember to regularly monitor and update your listing to ensure it accurately reflects your business and provides a positive customer experience.
How to Generate Leads from Google My Business
A strong Google My Business listing helps customers find your business online locally and can be a powerful lead-generation tool to enhance and maximize your business growth with Google My Business. Here are some tips for generating leads locally from your GMB listing:
- Encourage Customer Reviews: Positive customer reviews can help attract new customers and generate leads. Encourage customers to leave reviews on your Google My Business (GMB) listing by providing excellent customer service and asking for feedback. Besides, respond promptly and professionally to all positive and negative reviews to show potential customers that you care about their experience.
- Add Calls to Action: Google My Business now allows businesses to add calls to action (CTAs) to their listing, such as “Book an Appointment” or “Order Online.” Adding relevant CTAs can help encourage potential customers to take action and generate leads for your business.
- Use Google Posts: Google Posts allow businesses to share news, promotions, and other updates directly on their GMB listing. Use Google Posts to highlight your products or services, promote special offers, or share other updates that may generate interest and become leads for your business.
- Highlight Your Unique Selling Proposition: What makes your business unique? Whether it’s your outstanding customer service or high-quality products, highlight your unique selling proposition on your GMB listing. This can help differentiate your business from competitors and generate leads from potential customers who value what you offer.
- Use Photos and Videos: High-quality photos and videos can help showcase your business and generate interest leads from potential customers. Be sure to regularly add new photos and videos to your GMB listing to keep it fresh and engaging.
- Optimise Your Listing for Local Search: Local search is becoming increasingly important for businesses to generate leads, especially those with a physical location. Ensure your GMB listing is optimised for local search by including relevant keywords, address and phone number, and other key information. This can help potential customers find your business when they search for local products or services.
- Utilise Google My Business Messaging: Google My Business Messaging allows customers to message your business directly from your listing. This can be a great way to generate leads and communicate with potential customers. Be sure to respond promptly and professionally to all messages to provide a positive customer experience and generate more leads for your business.
- Offer Exclusive Deals or Discounts: Offering exclusive deals or discounts to customers who find your business through your GMB listing can be a powerful lead generation tool. Consider offering a special promotion or discount code that can only be redeemed through your GMB listing to encourage potential customers to take action.
- Track Your Results: As with any marketing strategy, tracking your results and making adjustments as needed is important. Use Google My Business Insights and other analytics tools to track how customers interact with your listing and which tactics generate the most leads. Use this information to make informed decisions about optimising your listing and generating more leads for your business.
- Encourage Customer Reviews: Customer reviews are important in local search rankings, building trust and credibility with potential customers and becoming a lead. Encourage customers to leave reviews on your GMB listing by providing excellent customer service and requesting feedback. Respond to all positive and negative reviews to show that you value customer feedback and are committed to providing a great customer experience.
- Add High-Quality Photos and Videos: High-quality photos and videos can help showcase your business and give potential customers a better idea, and that generates leads because they know what to expect when they visit. Be sure to add photos and videos that accurately represent your business and showcase its unique features and offerings.
- Update Your Listing Regularly: Keeping your GMB listing up-to-date is important to ensure potential customers and generate leads because they have accurate and current information about your business. Be sure to update your listing with any changes to your business hours, contact information, or offerings.
- Use Google My Business Posts: Google My Business Posts are a powerful tool for promoting your business and generating leads. Use Posts to share news, promotions, and other updates, increasing your brand awareness locally and helping potential customers, and include a call-to-action to encourage them to take action.
By implementing these additional tips, you can further optimise your Google My Business listing and attract more leads to your business. Remember to regularly monitor and update your listing to ensure that it provides the best possible customer experience and helps your business stand out in local search results.
Google Business Profile FAQs
Google Business Profile Quotes for Understanding Local SEO
Our Google My Business profile blog post contains quotes that can provide numerous benefits in building an online presence. Quotes can strengthen your ideas and showcase the authenticity of your thoughts from this blog. They can also offer different perspectives, encouraging critical thinking and diverse viewpoints. Moreover, Google My Business quotes can help you understand the tone and message of the post or provide helpful concluding remarks.
“Google My Business is more than just a listing; it’s a tool for building a strong online presence”Jins George, Co-Founder, HRstride.Digital
Building a solid online presence is crucial in today’s digital age. With Google My Business, businesses can easily manage their online listings and connect with potential customers meaningfully.
“Your Google My Business listing can be your greatest marketing asset if you optimise it properly.”
A well-optimised Google My Business listing can do wonders for your online visibility and customer engagement. By providing accurate information and using keywords strategically, you can make your listing work for you 24×7.Jins George, Co-Founder, HRstride.Digital
“Claiming and verifying your Google My Business listing is the first step towards online visibility & local SEO success.”Jins George, Co-Founder, HRstride.Digital
Local SEO is all about showing up in relevant search results for your target audience in your Neighbourhood. Claiming and verifying your Google My Business listing is essential in optimising your business for local search.
“The Google My Business profile of your business is usually the first impression that potential customers get.”Jins George, Co-Founder, HRstride.Digital
Make sure your Google My Business profile accurately showcases your business and provides all the necessary information for customers to contact or visit you. First impressions are significant, so optimise your profile to attract and retain more customers.
“Google My Business allows you to showcase your business’s unique features and offerings in a way that sets you apart from the competition.”Jins George, Co-Founder, HRstride.Digital
Google My Business allows you to showcase your business’s unique features and offerings in a way that sets you apart from the competition.
“Responding to customer reviews on Google My Business is essential for building trust and credibility with your audience.”Jins George, Co-Founder, HRstride.Digital
Customer reviews can make or break your business’s reputation online. By responding to reviews promptly and professionally, you can show your customers that you value their feedback and are committed to providing excellent service.
Get Experts Solutions For Growth Your Business Digitally
Often companies blame their lack of understanding of technology or present IT systems as the barrier to moving ahead with digital. Whereas, what is more expensive? Upgrading your current process and knowledge base, or potentially going out of business?